Thursday, September 19, 2024

T20 WC 2024: Gautam Gambhir to be announced as head coach of India on this date

In what has been the latest development as per the reports in Danik Jagron, Gautam Gambhir is all set to be announced as the head coach of the Indian team. The Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) mentor will be replacing Rahul Dravid as coach of the team. 

The reports claimed that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will be releasing the official statement at the end of June 2024. They will be naming Gautam Gambhir as the head coach as Rahul Dravid’s tenure as the head coach will be after the T20 World Cup 2024.

Gautam Gambhir since the last year has been performing the mentor role in the Indian Premier League. He performed the role with Lucknow Super Giants for two years in the league before moving to Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL 2024. 

Also Read: IND vs PAK: Rishabh Pant joins Virat Kohli and Gautam Gambhir in a massive feat for India against Pakistan

Under the mentorship of Gautam Gambhir, Kolkata Knight Riders won third title in the league. The BCCI reportedly was impressed with the way, he has been performing the role and was keen to get him on board as the head coach of the team 

Since the last few months, there have been a lot of reports circulating about the reports of Gautam Gambhir taking over the role. There were even reports that both BCCI and the Gambhir are on the same page and they share the same belief that they must do it for the nation. 

I would love to coach the Indian team – Gautam Gambhir 

"I would love to coach Indian Team" says Gautam Gambhir amidst speculations of him replacing Rahul Dravid as India's head coach
Image: PTI

Recently Gautam Gambhir also spoke about his desire to coach the Indian team. He said that he would love to take the role as it will be a huge honour for him. Talking during the event, he had said: 

“I would love to coach the Indian team. There is no bigger honour than coaching your national team. You are representing 140 crore Indians and those across the globe as well. I have not answered this question, although a lot of people have asked me. 

But I have to answer you now. It is 140 crore Indians who will help India win the World Cup. If everyone starts praying for us and we start playing and representing them, India will win the World Cup. The most important thing is to be fearless,” he concluded. 

Bookmarked post
Ankitjit Singh
Ankitjit Singhhttps://www.icccricketschedule.com/
Ankitjit Singh has 3+ years of experience in producing cricket articles. His expertise extends to cricket news, match analysis and fantasy cricket tips, providing valuable insights to fans around the world.

Related Articles

Latest Cricket NEWS